Tuesday, August 31, 2010

school

has started. It is the first year that we have started school in August. It is the first year that it's been pouring rain on the first day. Parking was a nightmare, and my friend and I ended up walking quite a bit to get to the new school. Did I mention it was new? So many firsts this year.

I ran around lost in this school more than I've done in the past 11 years of my schooling career. It was quite an adventure, but extremely tiring. Fifteen minute class periods with a trek out to "District 9" (aka the underappreciated arts) for orchestra. I love not having to walk outside every passing period, bracing yourself for the weather. But then again, in college I'll probably be doing that again, right? :)

My classes this year are daunting. Today I already feel tired just typing up my vocabulary list for AP Bio. But it's a good tired--that feeling that you're being productive. I don't mind yet. Being in a new school is so rejuvenating; I just hope that students don't abuse it.

I can't wait until we settle in to a rhythm and I finally know my way around campus, and I can't wait for the school to lose its pristine quality and become covered in posters, spirit, and a feeling of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment