Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Haverford

We visited Haverford this past Sunday, and nobody was there. There weren't any people in the admissions office, and there obviously weren't any tours going on. We walked into the building next to admissions, and met a bunch of welcoming students who were greeting international students. We only asked for a map, but one of the students was kind enough to lead us on a mini tour of the school. So friendly! Although the campus didn't wow me, it was fairly nice. And then again, maybe the weather affected my perception--it was pouring cats and dogs, and I didn't have any rain gear except an umbrella that dripped water down my back. (In fact, my mother and I went to the giant King of Prussia Mall's Nordstrom after our visit and bought rain coats. No sales tax on clothes in Pennsylvania!). It's a really small school that's especially strong in the sciences.

Some statistics, if you're interested:
Location: Haverford, Pennsylvania (close to Philly)
Students: 1,231 (all undergrad)
Acceptance rate: 27%
Setting: Suburban
Cost: $51,637 (ala forbes.com)

the main building




the library

the dining hall

i thought the science building was quite nice; our impromptu tour guide was nice enough to let us inside.



outside the dorms


the inside of the dorms. i didn't really like the dorms here, but that was probably influenced by the bathrooms--there was only one shower in a coed bathroom, and it didn't look particularly clean...the rooms were a little dark too.



we went to this lovely bistro in downtown philadelphia for dinner, right next to rittenhouse square, so my brother could try their mashed potatoes. they were featured on the show The Best Thing I Ever Ate on Food Network. After dinner we walked around Philadelphia's historic landmarks; here's a couple pictures from that evening:




1 comment:

  1. OoOOoOoOoO! Haverford looks so home-y and sweet! The dorm room looks nice and clean! But I don't like that bathroom fact. Eeee, sharing a bathroom with a boy. *shiver* I must admit, I'm not quite impressed with the college judging from your pics - you're pics are awesome! that's not what i mean! xD i was thinking about haverford too but I think it's too science-y and small for me. xD that's nice about the tour guide though!!

    i always appreciate your photos and photo skills! :D can't wait to see more pics!
    erin :)

    ReplyDelete