Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ursinus

Ursinus is another small school around Philadelphia. When we arrived on campus, I immediately felt like it was a cozy campus--not big at all. It was nice to see that athletes were there for school sports, so I got a better feel of what it'd be like with people around. I also interviewed with one of the counselors--it's an easy way to get to know the school better, and to let the school know what you're interested in. On the tour I didn't take too many pictures; I let my dad have the camera most of the time. The campus was nice, and (for me) it was nice knowing that there were single-sex bathrooms that looked really clean. The dorms looked about the same as Haverford's as far as size and furniture.

Ursinus is a school strong in both the sciences and arts; however, from what I've heard, it has more of a reputation for being artsy. For me, I liked that they had regular chamber group performances in addition to an orchestra.

Ursinus stats:
Location: Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Students: 1,750 (undergrad only)
Acceptance rate: 57%
Setting: Suburban
Cost: $48,310 (ala forbes.com)

a typical classroom

the oldest building at ursinus. it has a huge organ if that's your thing!

the library. it's pretty small but it connected to a network that can get you books if you need. (i'm the one in the skirt :))

the dining hall is currently under construction in order to accomodate more students.

a typical lab room

the kaleidoscope school of music



Bottom line: Ursinus will most likely be a safety school for me. I liked it, but it does seem a bit secluded. I'm sure there's plenty to do, but I'm a city girl.

2 comments:

  1. the music school is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was about to say exactly the same thing as erin. :P

    ReplyDelete