Yale stats:
Location: New Haven, Connecticut
Students: 11,276 (5,350 undergrad)
Acceptance Rate: 10%
Setting: Urban
Cost: $51,400 (forbes.com)
this is the view of Yale I had when I woke up in the morning.

the Yale bulldog. Sadly, this only reminds me of Bellevue College...



inside the exhibition library. the light coming through is sunlight through marble.

two of the remaining seven Gutenberg Bibles.

outside the library.

the other library. the architect poured acid down the front to blacken it and make it look older. he also left the alcoves where statues normally go empty to look like they had been pillaged.

maya lin's fountain representing the women on Yale's campus from the beginning to 1993



Bottom line: The curriculum and the overall atmosphere for Yale just wasn't a fit for me. New Haven can be kind of seedy, and I felt like at Yale I'd be trying too hard to keep up with a bunch of smart people that don't have to try.
THAT DOG IS SO CUTE. And your photos are absolutely stunning! That is rather foolish about trying to look extra antique-y.
ReplyDeleteI am so so excited, but then, I am sad to say I am considering taking Yale off my list. And it burns too because ever since I even knew what college was, I "knew" I had to at least apply to Yale. But I was afraid of what you had said, about the pretentious-ness, and your bottom line statement. And I was surprised Princeton didn't have that! I thought it would be vice versa, but I think, I maybe have to replace Yale for Princeton. Nevertheless, I appreciate this post as much as I always have been. xD
Love you Isabelle!
Erin :))
pretty pictures :D again with the constructive comments. but seriously dude. wow. yale looks awesome.
ReplyDeleteerinkim: don't not apply to yale just because i didn't like it! that was just my personal opinion...didn't you visit it before? if you still love all it has to offer, you should still go for it.
ReplyDeleteand erin hoffman thanks :)
yale is so beautiful (:
ReplyDelete