I absolutely love Amherst. I'm just going to be blunt. I walked on campus, it was a gorgeous sunny day, though still a bit chilly at 8:30 am. From the moment I saw the buildings, I knew that I would love to be there. The rolling hills as a backdrop probably helped too; it reminded me of being in the Pacific Northwest with all of the lush green. What I love about Amherst is the laid back yet driven feel of the students, and the open curriculum--there aren't any distribution requirements (like Vassar and Brown). This would allow me to explore multitudes of possibilities before deciding my major, and still have plenty of time to get in the courses required for my specific major. It also helps that the dorms are HUGE as well as the nice, clean bathrooms--the buildings are all so well kept. My entire tour group (20-25 people) fit inside one of the dorms with elbow room. Although the college is relatively small, there are four other colleges within in the vicinity. This opens up the option to take classes at any of these other four colleges, and also ensures that there are plenty of students around to have a lively social atmosphere.
Amherst stats:
Location: Amherst, Massachusetts
Students: 1,744 (undergrad)
Acceptance Rate: 16%
Setting: Town
Cost: $50,820
PS. Due to school I haven't edited any of these pictures...but I hope you enjoy them nonetheless. View larger by clicking the pictures.
This is at the Starbucks near Amherst College. The light caught my interest so I ran back to the car to get my camera and take this picture.


i got a little sun flare happy...

i am in love with how green the campus looked, and the prospect of sliding down that hill in the snow on lunch trays :)


the buildings look kind of similar, but in a way the continuity was kind of nice and homey.

war memorial

this is literally only half of the dorm you see here. not even kidding. these dorms may be doubles, but they are huge!


it was such a beautiful day...i took this in the car as we were leaving Amherst.

Bottom line: Amherst is a great school if you're looking for a small college with lots of options. It's definitely up there on my list.
Brown University is coming up next...and if I finish my AP Bio in a timely manner I'll put up an outfit post too :)
No comments:
Post a Comment